Guitare en Alpes initiated the creation of ORFEO, a European project that brings together three areas of work at the European level:
- Creation: build a European distribution and creation network with the objective of bringing together european partners committed to promoting the development of the guitar repertoire
- Youth: share creation works with young generations and promote cultural exchange thanks to a common denominator: the guitar!
- Environment: raise public awareness about environmental issues both through sustainable practices as implemented by Guitare en Alpes and by promoting the natural heritage of the Alps through out-of-the-box projects, for example, a musical trekking.
Guitare en Alpes will put together a European distribution and creation network entitled ORFEO. This network brings together a group of European partners who are committed to promoting the development of the guitar repertoire.
Our partners: Conservatoires of Aix-les-Bains (France), Chambéry (France), Geneva (Switzerland), Orchestre des Pays de Savoie (France), Musical Institute of Valle d’Aosta (Italy), Fundacion Victoria y Joaquin Rodrigo (Spain), Silesian Guitar Autumn Internation Festival (Poland).
Jérémy Jouve, Artistic Director of Guitare en Alpes is also a Teacher at the Conservatoire de Genève and the CRR (Conservatoire à Rayonnement Régional) of Paris. He is strongly committed to sharing creation work with younger generations. This is why throughout the year, students from Italy, Switzerland and France and their teachers will exchange before the Festival’s performance of Mirta Alvarez. Young Italians, Swiss and French will therefore discover Argentinian tango during the 2019/2020 season and will perform in concerts in the three countries revealing the creations and arrangements of Mirta Alvarez, who will share the stage with them. This program promotes cultural exchange thanks to a common denominator: the guitar!
Because of its geographic location, Guitare en Alpes carries the environmental issue in its DNA. Several areas of interest are :
- enhancement of the natural heritage of Savoie and the Alps in general: choice of setting emphasizing nature such as the Abbey of Hautecombe;
- awareness of the fragility of the Alps: organization of a musical trekking to raise public awareness about the environment;
- commitment to anti-waste: no plastic cutlery, collecting left over fruits and vegetables from markets for the preparation of buffets and catering thanks to the Festival’s Partner J’aime Boc’oh.